Friday, January 9, 2009

2nd Day - Maths and Chem Practical Day

Maths was okay ......... So I'll go straight to Chemistry practical ......

I was very lucky to be placed in the first group . We got fresh chemicals , new apparatus , clean burette and all ...... it gave me a little more confidence . Sitting beside me was K*** L***** ( we'll just call him KL in this discussion ) . Well , for those of you who don't know KL or couldn't puzzle his name together , he is like the chemistry genius in my class , he got the highest for chemistry for trials , so the pressure was definitely there ....

So , we did the usual things ...... It was overall a normal paper beside the fact that they gave us METHYL ORANGE !!! In case you don't know , methyl orange is the worst indicator you can ever get ....... the end point is impossible to tell ..... it was red initially and theoretically should turn orange at the end point , but due to all possible errors one can make during the experiment , sometimes the red colouration would be so diluted that it was not possible to distinguish between red and orange ...... As a result , we got all sorts of nonsense results , no one got the same mean titre ....... so that's it ...... 8 marks for accuracy ....... " Whoosh ! " ....... Gone .

Anyway , after the dreadful one hour and 45 minutes , we were quarantined ........ not long just from 3.45pm until 8pm , which was only 4 HOURS !!! As usual , like high school , we were not allowed to play cards ...... ridiculous but this was how the college runs ... so no comment so far because I don't want to lose my scholarship for this ..... no thanks .

So , there we were , couldn't do anything at all . You study , people start calling you a nerd . You sleep , people start calling you antisocial . You talk , the lecturer in charge ask you to shut up . You try to get some fresh air outside , well , guess what ? You will be dealt with severely because it's a 'quarantine' kononnya ........ Overall , we just did seven things : Talking , chatting , giggling , laughing , shouting at times , hitting tables and clapping hands .... you know , those ridiculous things that we will do when we lose control in our laughter...... The only person who could make us perfectly silent was ........... McDonald's . Yes , I was shocked myself ....... Food serves more than just food , isn't it ?

During the quarantine I enjoyed myself very much . We even planned a trip to @#%^#$# ....... Sorry , can't reveal .... but it'll be fun ....... I am definitely going to post a full page blog on what happens on that day ...... so stay close .......

After the quarantine , Kumaran's sister , Gomathy was kind enough to send me home . Not forgetting to mention that they bought me dinner at Sentul Fish Head Curry House ...... Boy , you all must go there and indulge your taste buds .... but I don't have the address now , so you can ask Kumaran ...... Thanks a lot , Kumaran and Gomathy !

No comments: