Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day in NTU ....

I arrived at Singapore at 7.00am today . We took a cab to NTU and he charged us 35% extra !!!!! ..... because it was the peak hour ..... times 2.5 ...... omg , broke la !!!

Today was a super rushy day .... thank goodness my mum knew one of the seniors' mum . She was our tour guide for 6 hours ..... We settled a lot of administration problems and Singaporeans' efficiency is too 'geng' already ..... loan was approved in 10 minutes . Bank account was done in 5 minutes . ATM card was issued in 0 second .... medical examination took only half an hour ( excluding X-ray ) ..... I got my class timetable plus all the previous lecture notes already .... now I can't say 'Malaysia Boleh' anymore ...

Anyway , something very interesting happened today .... When I reached my room and unlocked it , I saw the fan was swithced on and obviously my roommate was already there . Then I saw this 'ang mo' coming out from the nearby washroom with nothing but a piece of towel .... He looked at me with the wierdest stare .... " Is this your room ?"
"Ya," he said .
"Well , I guess I am your roommate" ....
My mum was so shocked she was asking me whether I wanted to change room or not ..... as if 'ang mo's can swallow people .... Anyway , after knowing him a bit , he turned out to be a very nice guy from Finland .... I am still trying to cope with his Finland accent ....

There you go .. my first ... really really tiring day ..... Tomorrow got class somemore .... 4 hours lecture on pure chemistry .... sob ....

No comments: