Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cooking ....

Last Sunday evening a few of my friends and I decided to cook Tomyam in Hall 5 .... but it didn't work out .... it turned out that the tomyam paste she bought was for chicken and we only had pork .... so we decided to cook normal chinese meal instead ...

There was a lot work to be done , but we managed to prepare everything within an hour .... ( there were 4 pairs of hands ok ... ) . The menu was as follow :
1 . Rice
2. Fried kangkung ( chinese style )
3. Fried carrot ( don't know what style .... first time trying )
4. Sausage and tomato paste ( from fresh tomato )
5. Fried egg with onion and chinese sausgae aka 腊肠
6. Marinated pork ( cooked using the oven )
7. Watermelon
8. Fruit yogurt ( with kiwi , mango and orange )

Wa .... seems a lot right ??? but we finished everything .... gained like 2 pounds .... but believe it or not ... each of us only paid SGD1 !!!! .... Cuz most of the things was bought from Malaysia .... it was a great experience ....

I was actually planning to try on cooking green bean 糖水 but I was too lazy that day ... I may try it this weekend ....

I guess this will be my routine every Sunday considering there is no canteen in my hall .... Cooking in is the only way to prevent me from dying from starvation ...

No comments: