Monday, March 15, 2010

Working on NTU Open House 2010

Last Saturday was NTU Open House. In obligation to IPhone, I worked throughout the day for a couple of extra bucks. Turns out that there was so much fun I didn't want it to end. Just talking to the lecturers (as their colleagues as opposed to students) is a totally different experience. Not to mention chatting with my current/future Teaching Assistant (who have control over the fate of my experiments) ... And I met another Malaysian TA who was also working with me ....


Well, I was in charge of the 'Slime" booth. 10 hours of experiment was so tiring. On the bright side, seeing people get stunned by what we did was awesome. The experiment was a demonstration of a special kind of fluid which defies common Fluid Law, it is known as Non Newtonian fluid... I reacted the same way (if not more) when I first did the experiment. Best thing is, now that I had the recipe, I could actually do it at home .... can cheat small kids ...lol


Now I shall let the pictures talk.





We started working as early as 830am. Pasting and preparing the sign boards.



NTU Open House 2010 starts!




My experiment partner (she is in Year4). Making slime ....


Don't they look lovely?


Just use your hands to give it a good squeeze ...


And release it ... TATA !!!!


Other experiments from my school include Ice Scream aka making ice cream from liquid nitrogen ...


Yes it is. It is EDIBLE ... few of us tried it and still came to school today ...


Banana hammer. 30 seconds in liquid nitrogen, a banana becomes a hammer.


My Modern Principles of Chemistry lecturer. Nothing like how she was in class ....



As usual, we worked overtime that day. I was actually quite surprised as my supervisor actually paid us overtime money ...


Anyway, right after the event, I went back to my room, bathed and went out to Jurong Point with my girlfriend and her high school friends. We had dinner at Swensens. Food was exquisite. And from what I heard so far, I can still fake a good first impression after all .... lol ...

What an amazing day. Gotta sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were approximately 220 pounds on every page. But completely I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Best wishes!