Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kiasu-ness

After living in Singapore for a year, I have to admit I have officially contracted kiasu-nessitis.... Give you a few examples...

This year the hall allocation was terrible... 17 points aka you need to be involved in main committee plus applying with a Singaporean roommate to 100% confirm getting a room.... wt*!!! So this year everybody is going for higher post... Kiasu me, went and run for 2 main committee posts for 2 clubs. So far I got Piano Ensemble but it is still not good enough to be safe... Kiasu me(again), went and run for main committee of another major club. Now I am starting to have doubts about it because the workload is really hactic. Not to mention I have to prepare powerpoint slides and campaign speech for the ELECTION.... politics... hate it...

Another story: I actually started studying on the FIRST week itself.... =( ... Can't help it, I have Organic Chemistry this semester. Judging on how poorly I did last year, no more fooling around this semester.... one word: KIASU.

Yesterday my roommate and neighbours and I went to Sim Lim Square (whole building also selling electronic stuff). I was actually there just to have a look, but I ended up having an eye on new handphones.... sien.... thank goodness my bank account didn't have enough money, or else I would have swiped my NETS card and I will be in extreme poverty.... What word? 吾钱.... =(

The fact is I am starting to feel the stress already and this is just the beginning of week 3. Next week I have Organic Chemistry first test!!!! This week will all go to Piano Ensemble's audition for new members and its Welcom Tea.... next Monday I have a presentation to do for an elective subject which contributes to 40% of the total marks in exam...... sob..... Not to mention next week is the election for Earthlink (the otehr club I was talking about)... Gee.... university life isn't so relaxing anymore....

No comments: