Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Miracle

As you all know , I am still having my 3-weeks holiday . To be honest , it is getting really boring ... no offence but I can't study for hours in a day . Just when I am trapped in my parents' shop , a miracle happened .

My mum asked me to research on this WiMAX ... it's like a super huge WiFi which we can subscribe and go online as usual . Its only difference from Streamyx is that it is wireless ( Streamyx is offering this as well ) .... and it's cheaper for office users .

Streamyx's promotions are only for home users , so it is not worthy in my case . Whats happened in the end ? We subscribed WiMAX !!!! RM49/= per month with speed at least 400kbps .... as long as I bring the router , I can use it on any laptop or desk computer . Isn't this amazing ? It means I can go online 24-7 with ONE flat rate ....

I know to most of you it sounds like nothing but please understand my situation here . I have been using landline connection with a maximum download speed of 50kbps ..... Can you imagine that ? No youtube , no song downloads , only texts .... Even the computer in my grandparents' house is faster than this .....

Anyway , don't be surprised if you see me online for the whole day .... I am just too grateful and I want to share this with everyone ....

P.S : One note , the upload speed is super slow ... about 10% of the download speed only ... so if you upload a lot of things , don't use WiMAX ....

No comments: