Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NS Reflections

It's been about one year now since I joined the National Service ... Actually , the only reason I joined such a thing when I could just postpone was my desire to leave home ... Yes , sounds very un-jiahui-ish but that was the truth ... But it was so much more .... Just so you know , Pang Yean and I were in the same camp ( Tasik Chini rocks !! ) but at that time we weren't as close as we are now .... and both of us ended up in the same college ...

I just wanna say NS was really cool and memorable ... If I were to be given the opportunity to choose again , I wouldn't have done anything differently ... Besides , without NS , I'll be in the January batch which means I would be miserable because everyone is so smart there !!! In short , NS rocks and hope they make it harder for the new batch of trainees ...... can't wait to see them suffer 3 months without pork ( this is the toughest thing in NS actually ) .

And to my friends who shared this 3-months experience : Pang Yean , Andrew ( thanks for the char siu from your parents during familiy visits ) , Yong Wen , Felix , Yong Kang , Ivan , Kevin Lim , Ah Keong , Chi Wei , Zhan Ye , Doctor ( it's a nickname ) , Ah Dou , Ah Han .... omg , so many .... sorry if I forgot to mention your name , too many names d la ....... Good luck to you all in 2009 !!!

These pictures shall encapsulate our precious memory in Tasik Chini ........
We made these camps ourselves ... Believe it or not .

And this was our ' toilet ' in the woods .

We cooked with kerosene flame ( bad for health but whatever ....... )


This picture is cool .... spot me ? Neh .... everyone looks the same .

Look at the formation , I bet wms PBSM can't beat this !!! LOL ...

No comments: