Monday, April 26, 2010

Finally ... spanish is over ...

The exam I have been sweating for ... Spanish .... is finally over. How was the paper? Well, it was slightly different than the past year papers. For one, there was actually MULTIPLE CHOICE for our comprehension .... the catch was : more vocabularies we have never met before and those setters were very tricky ... in Spanish, apparently you put many negative words like 'no, nunca, ni etc' and it still means no ... worse part was they used negative adjectives as well ....so convert convert convert .... wasted my time ...

Comprehension wasn't too bad. Questions were okay apart from the tricky ones. Second section: Grammar part was totally based on memory.... tonnes of verb conjugation but I think it wasn't too bad. Last section: essay. This time 2 essays. Each was about 150-200 words. One was to describe my house and the second one is to describe my family. Sounds primary school? IT IS. Easy? NOT AT ALL if you are trying to get all the grammar correct and having so few choices of words doesn't help at all.... I gave it my all.

In less than 12 hours I will have my next paper. Thank goodness it is Calculus ... =)

Overall, the paper was tough (but not as tough as Chemistry). I am quite positive that I will pass this exam. If I did well, there is a slight chance I might consider taking Spanish Level 2 .... =)

No comments: